What's your price?

mardi 14 avril 2015

Everything is for sale at the right price, right?



I've had an interesting day.



An agent called me today with an cash, unconditional offer on a Brisbane south side property that isn't for sale (but I had previously indicated I would consider it).



My strategy is buy and hold, long-term.



I declined the offer (it was a pretty good offer, but no more than I would get putting it to market tomorrow), and I stated that it would have to be AMAZING by the time I tallied up repurchasing elsewhere for the same goal (stamp duty, solicitor, time spent searching).



I then had someone knock on the door (an unrelated party) which I answered dripping wet in a towel (not pretty, but they didn't baulk).



They also offered to buy the house and asked for a price. I said I couldn't name it...



She jokingly offered "a million dollars", to which I laughed "deal". (I would have even dropped the towel).



So, perhaps almost a philosophical question, but is there always a price where you would sell? Even if it doesn't suit your buy and hold strategy? Do you have a rough means to work one out?



eg... 8% growth pa for 5 years = $$$. I'd probably sell for that price today.



A pleasant conundrum.

What's your price?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels