Investment Property Strategy - A Definitive List

samedi 16 mai 2015

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have been sponging up as much information as I can, and found a few comments hitting home especially one by one of the senior members about how many focus on the IP itself instead of their strategy, with the IP being akin to the vehicle and the strategy being the driving force behind it.

I wondered if I was aware of all strategies, so I listed them out and thought others may benefit. I found many threads mentioning them but not one definitive list. If there is one that I've overlooked I'm happy to delete this post. Please feel free to correct or add any additional ones I haven?t listed:

- buy and hold (long term): purchase a property with the goal of holding long term
- short term capital growth: purchase a property with the goal of achieving short term capital growth before selling or re-valuing property
- renovate and sell: purchase a property with the goal of increasing its value by -renovating it before selling
- renovate and hold: purchase a property with the goal of increasing its value to then hold
- property development: typically involves levelling an existing building, or beginning on fresh land, and building an entire new building from scratch
- flips: purchasing and selling a property before the original purchase has been settled
- wraps: purchasing a property and paying instalments to the seller instead of taking out a loan
- holiday home: purchase a property with the view to use as a holiday home but also rent out
- co-investment with family &/or friends: when multiple parties band together to purchase a property
- defence housing: purchase a property to then engage in a unique leasing arrangement typically varying from 3 to 12 years
- managed / property super funds: involves trusting a financial institution to invest your money in property shares and portfolios

I haven?t listed home ownership (eg. PPoR) as a strategy.
Investment Property Strategy - A Definitive List

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels